Sweet, floral honey with a heady dill kick and the gentle heat of mustard, this sauce is fabulous with smoked fish or as a light dressing for many salads.
You can buy this type of sauce in jars but it is often too “in your face” dilly! And using dried dill in those sauces makes it all taste a bit artificial, even medicinal.
However, homemade honey and dill sauce, using fresh dill, is so quick and so delicious that you really won’t ever want a commercial one again.
The sauce is made in seconds and will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Recipe: honey, mustard & dill sauce
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- a grinding of sea salt
(1) Add the ingredients to a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid and give it a good shake. Taste and adjust seasoning if you think it needs it: a touch more vinegar or lemon if you want more sharpness or more mustard for an extra level of heat….
(2) That’s it. Enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Honey, mustard and dill sauce”
Making this very very soon! Love everything about it…
Love the addition of dill to this!
thanks- yes it makes such a lovely difference I think
LikeLiked by 1 person
Perfect!!! Have some dill and would love to make this!!